Bringing Wholesome Foord to Our Community
Fast becoming the “in-place” for Cypress, Texas on the 2nd Sunday of each month is The Farmer’s Market at Bridgeland.
What started out a one-time event is now a recurring market – thanks to the community response. The market is all volunteer run and donation supported.
It brings to our community high-quality vendors selling fresh local produce, pastured meats, free range eggs, goat cheese, honey, jellies, pickles, bread, pasta, natural home & pet products, soaps, lotions, live plants, and much more right to our backyard! in addition, the market offers events that provide education on home gardening and sustainable living.
The March market (Sunday, March 10th, 12:30 – 3:30 at the Bridgeland Activity Center 16902 Bridgeland Landing Cypress, TX) features Tomatoes and Strawberries!
- Texas Master Gardener Stephanie Baker will be teaching a free class at 1 pm on how to grow your own tomatoes this summer. No matter if you have a large garden or a few containers; fresh salsa is just a few months away!
- Ready to Grow Gardens and New Leaf Nursery will both have tomato plants for sale, including heirloom varieties.
- It’s peak strawberry season, plus last of the cool season veggies like carrots, spinach, radishes, leeks, snow peas and much more.
- For those of you who are Slow Dough fans, they are now taking orders in advance for pick up at the market. Go to their website at www.areyousweetorsavory.com and place your order by Thursday evening.
- Our newest vendor, Hog Creek Farm, will be making their debut with fresh pork from heirloom pigs raised on their family farm in Magnolia Texas. This is the kind of flavorful, natural pork unique to small farms and not often found in the big stores.www.hogcreekfarm.net
More information at www.farmersmarketatbridgeland.org