CFISD – Back to School Expo – in its seventh edition, the annual CFISD Back-to-School Expo is scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 10 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Berry Center (8877 Barker Cypress Road). The Expo provides a number of helpful resources to incoming students, parents and prospective employees, allowing for a smooth transition into the school district. (note no -Pre-K registration at the expo)
Let’s take a poll! Are you ready for summer break? Or do you like the consistency of the school year to keep your kids on a schedule? I don’t know about you, but I could use a break from the hectic after school, practices & tournaments, dance & singing lessons, and carpools, as well as, the early bus schedules!⠀
We Love Cypress Texas
Looking for a great groomer or wholesome food for your pets? 🦔🐱🐶 Then Natural-Paws Pet Grooming is the place!
Located in the HEB shopping center on Fry Road. Fantastic Groomer; Helpful Staff; All Paws Are Welcome.⠀
Where does the time go? All at once it seems I am the mother of 2 young ladies in middle school and a boisterous lad in second grade!
I am very pleased that my family lives in the master-planned community of Bridgeland in Cypress, Texas, where we have an amazing school district.
If you are looking to make that all important move, always consider the school district and the attendance zone. Keep in mind if you are moving to a subdivision with lots of new construction, new schools or attendance zone changes are inevitable. If you are past the age where schools seem unimportant in your decision making; remember good schools improve a home’s resale value.
CFISD information is available online at https://www.cfisd.net/en/ – on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/cyfairisd/ or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/CyFairISD or Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/cyfairisd/ and finally there is an app you can download to your phone from the app store.
CFISD Facts and Stats:
- 117,758* = student enrollment on Sept. 17, 2018
- 17,155 = new students over the last 10 years
- 5,365 = projected student enrollment increase in the next five year
- 91 campuses (56 elementary schools, 18 middle schools, 12 high schools, 5 special program facilities)
- 42 new schools built since 2000 (26 elementary schools, 8 middle schools, 6 high schools, 2 special program facilities)
- 23rd largest district in the nation (Niche.com 2018)
- 3rd largest district in Texas
- 2nd largest district in Region 4
- 49 campuses at least 20 years old
- 16,231 first-time students in 2017-2018 (8,205 in grades 1-12; 8,026 in kindergarten, pre-kindergarten & early education)
You can download the complete State of the District Fact Sheet at https://www.cfisd.net/download_file/view/27437/488/
My annual Friends and Family photo shot – lot’s of fun for all!
Great Sunday afternoon, Santa got to hold his first hedgehog! gifts for Cy-Hope to put a smile on some special faces.. and thanks to Great American Title for their support and McCurdy Media for their great pictures!
And of course a big Ho! Ho! Ho! to our secret Santa…
This Pre-Christmas gathering gives everyone a chance to beat the long lines at the mall for those cherished pictures.
I can’t wait to do this again next year!!!