Where does the time go? All at once it seems I am the mother of 2 young ladies in middle school and a boisterous lad in second grade!
I am very pleased that my family lives in the master-planned community of Bridgeland in Cypress, Texas, where we have an amazing school district.
If you are looking to make that all important move, always consider the school district and the attendance zone. Keep in mind if you are moving to a subdivision with lots of new construction, new schools or attendance zone changes are inevitable. If you are past the age where schools seem unimportant in your decision making; remember good schools improve a home’s resale value.
CFISD information is available online at https://www.cfisd.net/en/ – on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/cyfairisd/ or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/CyFairISD or Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/cyfairisd/ and finally there is an app you can download to your phone from the app store.
CFISD Facts and Stats:
- 117,758* = student enrollment on Sept. 17, 2018
- 17,155 = new students over the last 10 years
- 5,365 = projected student enrollment increase in the next five year
- 91 campuses (56 elementary schools, 18 middle schools, 12 high schools, 5 special program facilities)
- 42 new schools built since 2000 (26 elementary schools, 8 middle schools, 6 high schools, 2 special program facilities)
- 23rd largest district in the nation (Niche.com 2018)
- 3rd largest district in Texas
- 2nd largest district in Region 4
- 49 campuses at least 20 years old
- 16,231 first-time students in 2017-2018 (8,205 in grades 1-12; 8,026 in kindergarten, pre-kindergarten & early education)
You can download the complete State of the District Fact Sheet at https://www.cfisd.net/download_file/view/27437/488/